Unfortunately the program that comes with most phones doesn't allow for choice of how they are arranged.
There are some apps you can get that will allow arranging them for use in that app.
Or you could do what I do..
1. I connect the phone into a computer, via USB.
2. Move all the images/photos over to an empty folder on the computer.
3. Create sub-folders for where you want the images/photos kept.
4. Rename any images/photos to place them in the order you want.
5. Then copy them all (including the folders) over to your phone.
6. Be sure to keep a copy on the computer, so should your phone die, get lost, stolen, etc., you don't lose said images/photos.
It is, and isn't, a tad more work. Yes, you are doing a lot (listed above), however, since it is being done on computer, it can be done much faster than on a phone.