Solved! Samsung Screen problem, can it be fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chedlin

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
My television was moved by a contractor and now the left side of the screen is showing red and green, when it should look like the right hand side. The curved lines are part of the background image Samsung uses for this screen, and not indicative of a crack. I figure the TV is dead, but maybe not?

DVNgJPQ.jpg

Solution
Are those colors there even when something is playing or only on this source selection screen? Did you try going into the settings and resetting everything to defaults. If this happened after a move, and the colors are there all the time, there is an issue with the screen or connection.
Are those colors there even when something is playing or only on this source selection screen? Did you try going into the settings and resetting everything to defaults. If this happened after a move, and the colors are there all the time, there is an issue with the screen or connection.

Solution

chedlin

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Those colors are there all the time. It did happen after a move.

I'll pull it apart (I've done it before to replace the mainboard) and reseat everything. Could it be the T-Connector board, or is almost certainly a connection or the screen? I hope to at least part out the power supply and mainboard if the panel is ruined.

Status
Not open for further replies.