Samsung smart tv can't update Amazon Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smorg123

Estimable
Mar 28, 2015
It's stuck trying to update the Amazon Prime app and I'm not sure what to do. I keep turning the tv off hoping to reset it somehow. Any suggestions?

Gacspeech

Estimable
Mar 28, 2015
I'm having the same exact issue, but I've already done the most recent firmware update (002003). It is just the Amazon app, and when I go to open it, it just says 'updating.' I saw on another thread to try to do the 'Alternate Sortware Update,' but that's not an option either, just keeps saying I have the most recent firmware update. UGH!!!!!!!!!

Nick Deltone

Estimable
Mar 28, 2015
Same issue for me. Samsung Smart TV. After it was it got stuck updating I have up and watched Crackle. Tried again just now and it is doing the same thing. BTW, I watched a bunch of episodes of Sequestered. Really good show! Has anyone contacted Amazon? Probably their issue.

Nick Deltone

Estimable
Mar 28, 2015
Update on the update. LOL. I contacted Amazon and it appears there was an update to Smarthub, that is creating this problem on all Samsung TV's. All, most, or some, not sure, but definitely a widespread issue. Tech support said, per Samsung, that reinstalling Smarthub has fixed this for some people. Not an appropriate solution in my book. Not gonna do it. Sort of like reinstalling Windows due to an app incompatibility. I don't want to reinstall apps and passwords. The other option is wait and see if they get it fixed in the next day or two. Tech support will contact me when they think it is fixed. They gave me a $5 credit to use once it is working again.

Gacspeech

Estimable
Mar 28, 2015
So this morning, I went to the support link for Samsung. You'll find it listed on the www.amazon.com/help/samsungupdate page. I live chatted with a support person from Samsung and they had me change the DNS settings, as others have mentioned above. It worked for me. However, I had ALREADY done the complete firmware update last night (updated to 002003) so if you haven't done the firmware update yet, this may not work for you ( you might want to try either way). Try this:
1. Set the Source to TV (rather than HDMI)
2. Go to Menu
3. Choose Network
4. choose Network Status
5. choose (Select) IP Settings
6. Scroll down to DNS Setting and hit button until you can change it to : Enter Manually
7. Scroll down to DNS Server. Then choose each number to be: 8.8.4.4.
8. Scroll down and hit OK
9. Get out of that Menu
10. change Source back to HDMI, instead of TV
11. try opening Smart TV Amazon app
12. If it asks you to update just the Amazon app, go ahead and do that.
Hopefully, this should work. It worked for me. :)

JennC

Estimable
May 30, 2015
Thanks so much for this! The skipping sound was driving me mad! This sorted it out!

Susabella

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015
Bless you, Gacspeech. I've forwarded your brilliant solution on to the good people at Amazon's Help Desk in hopes they'll add it to their 'Issues with Samsung Firmware Update' help page (which should be linked from the page you mention, but isn't - I could only find it on Google at this time) since it contains info that is unhelpful to say the least!

Andy_1

Estimable
Aug 20, 2015
Well if you have certain models of Samsung 7000 or 8000 Amazon prime will stop working next month.See below.

First of all, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused with this situation.

Amazon Instant Video will no longer be available on your 2011 television after September 14, 2015. This means you won't be able to stream movies and TV shows directly from the app.

Nickw1938

Estimable
Aug 30, 2015

I went from Netflix to Amazon Prime Instant Video hoping for a long lasting service to my Samsung Smart TV. Is there any reason why Amazon is failing to maintain an app which accesses a paid service - other than forcing us to buy their pricey Fire dongle?

Rita_1

Estimable
Sep 1, 2015
Just call them and they can update the Amazon instant video by remote. They will tell you what to do and it was easy and fast. their number is 1-888-899-7604. I hope this helps because I wasn't getting anywhere with the stupid "www." website.

mkmk1304

Estimable
Sep 19, 2015
Same here, unfortunately Amazon website no longer lists 2011 models under compatible samsung devices. Its really SAD. Did you get any where with this? please share any solution if any one got it.

samiamnyc

Estimable
Sep 27, 2015

Try unplugging the tv, removing all HDMI cables, waiting 60 seconds, then reconnecting everything. That seemed to work for me :)

Don_Pachuco

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015
Go into settings and whatever section shows "setup" then click on that. If you're in USA, select United Kingdom, so it's still in English. Go through the setup until all the apps have installed. Then go back and repeat the process for the USA. I did this and it works fine now.

nanovation

Estimable
Oct 15, 2015
I called Samsung tech support and they remotely uninstalled the app and then reinstalled it. Pretty cool. That fixed it...for 7 days! This time I just unplugged the TV for a minute and BAMN it worked as it should :)

aggiedwc

Estimable
Oct 31, 2015

This was perfect. Thank you for sharing the Samsung support number. Took about 40 minutes in my case and did require a reinstall, but remote support was very helpful and it is working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.