Samsung Smart TV Update for Amazon Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

metamorphasis

Estimable
Oct 10, 2015
Hi, I have a Samsung smart TV & today it wouldn't stream Amazon Prime. I went to the website they suggested & downloaded a new code #1050 Through going to menu, online, & update, but it still doesn't work. I repeated the process & it says there are no new updates! Netflix & everything else works fine. Thanks for your help.

frankw35

Estimable
Oct 10, 2015
Having similar problem since Thursday night--Amazon launches and says I need an update from Samsung, HuluPlus says I need to set the clock. Neflix still works. Have tried unplugging, resetting clock etc and no luck. Called Samsung yesterday and was told to call back and use "remote support" which was closed when I called. TV is UN40ES6500

Blackyee

Estimable
Oct 11, 2015
Same problem here.
Called Samsung just now and was told to wait for their team to find a solution and call me back.
They mentioned this is a wide spread problem that many users are experiencing. They are working on it.

I only wonder how the hell they are gonna call back like tens of thousands of users.

Peter_36

Estimable
Oct 11, 2015
1) they update the app, automatic app updates, and tada it works again
2) amazon fixes it in their side, old app works like it used to

the shitty part is, that this has happened a number of times recently

Lynnxx77

Estimable
Oct 11, 2015

I am having the same issue! Says I need an update but none available not able to delete the app and I can't even get into Samsung apps to try to reinstall. Help

Peter_36

Estimable
Oct 11, 2015

this is a repeating problem. there is no new update. ignore it for now.
make sure that your apps on your smart hub are set to automatically update.
when it gets fixed, amazon will just magically work again.

this is like the 3rd or 4th time this has happened in as many months.

my "guess" is that amazon makes tiny changes on their server side that screws with the app on the smart hub. this forces samsung or whoever maintains the amazon smarthub app to scramble to fix it.

shudder

Status
Not open for further replies.