Samsung smart tv YouTube app volume

ddttm

Estimable
Jun 6, 2015
So on my family's Samsung smart tv, when I go into the YouTube app, I cannot change the volume

Luis Hevia

Estimable
Jun 6, 2015
I've noticed the same problem today, and only with Youtube app.
I updated my Samsung Smart tv firmware yesterday, and I'm not sure if that could be the reason.
Have you updated your tv firmware recently?

If you play youtube videos on a smartphone or a tablet and connect with the Tv using wifi connection feature to watch them on your smart tv you can control volume using the volume buttons of you smartphone or tablet.
It's a temporary solution until further youtube app updates solve the problem.

nikipetrov

Estimable
Jun 6, 2015
Today I update samsung tv to my close friends. What was disappointment when I start youtube and saw that I cannot change the volume. Secondy on smart hub section, on multimedia there was nothing shown . Before there was more interesting clips etc.,but now nothing there. Tv is 55ef6510s. New update is 2107 . I tried to update again manualy via USB flash from samsung site, but tv say that there no new update to install. i hope that Samsung put new update soon to resolve the problems.

Beloha

Estimable
Jun 7, 2015
Same here! It started after the update on June 5th. I tried other installed apps and they work fine. It is only the YouTube app that has this volume issue.

Mccoybladerunner

Estimable
Jun 7, 2015
I just noticed this issue yesterday, I believe auto update is on, suddenly YouTube app doesn't respond to my volume input neither from remote or my phone(if I send vid from phone), the app also crashes randomly.

The TV is UN50F6300

Samuel Sung

Estimable
Jun 7, 2015
I just had a LiveChat with a Samsung Support representative b/c I've been having this same problem. They said we need to contact YouTube's support

"Lemuel: I see that you need to contact the youtube support regarding the issue."

singh0282

Estimable
Jun 9, 2015
i live in toronto, and same situation, i might have checked auto update when i first got the TV, didnt notice anything until last week. This is kinda retarded, hopefully samsung actually updates faster than they update their phone.

thdervenis

Estimable
Jun 9, 2015
Same problem here in Athens, Greece. I cannot change the YouTube app volume and only the YouTube app volume (Vimeo, TED, Plex, BBC videos etc work correctly). My TV is a UE32F4500.

I contacted Samsung support, they said they are aware of the problem, it is the YouTube app's problem and they suggested to wait for a fix that it is coming

lindah1000

Estimable
Jun 9, 2015

I've been having same issues too. That's great that there is a fix - Luis Hevia, where can I find this update and how do I install?

Luis Hevia

Estimable
Jun 6, 2015
Just push the button Smart Tv on your remote. In Apps click on more apps. In optons you'll get the new updates. There you'll find the Youtube update. Just click on it and update. That's all.

lindah1000

Estimable
Jun 9, 2015