Samsung SPH-A460/Data question

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Does anyone on the list use or have used the Samsung SPH-A460 phone
for data access? I see that in this phone you have to set it as data,
fax or voice. Looks like it does not do both.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <h61aa0te3aqv8vp430qhgu59151bctnhj0@4ax.com>,
Paul Tutle Sr. - OCC <millerj@cinci.rr.com> wrote:

> Does anyone on the list use or have used the Samsung SPH-A460 phone
> for data access? I see that in this phone you have to set it as data,
> fax or voice. Looks like it does not do both.

not simultaneously. In all Sprint PCS phones (IRRC) calls go to voice
mail while you are in Vision.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Paul Tutle Sr. - OCC" <millerj@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
news:h61aa0te3aqv8vp430qhgu59151bctnhj0@4ax.com...
> Does anyone on the list use or have used the Samsung SPH-A460 phone
> for data access? I see that in this phone you have to set it as data,
> fax or voice. Looks like it does not do both.

Despite what Phillipe/Robert M said, the phone can only do one function at a
time. As you have a 2G phone, if you tethered your phone to your laptop, you
would be going through their "Wireless Web" (WW) system, which is not the
same as their 3G Vision protocol.

If you connect with a local ISP dial up, or send a fax, you will be charged
$0.39/min. SPCS offers / offered a WW option on the account, where every
minute on line would be charged against your bucket of minutes without the
$0.39/min. charge, however I don't believe that applied to any data / fax
calls, save to call SPCS's WW #.

Bob
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

usirsclt@earthlink.net said:

> Despite what Phillipe/Robert M said,
> the phone can only do one function at a
> time.


Duh, you in such a hurry to criticise you didnt read the previous post:

" not simultaneously" is what the response was, exactly as you also said.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Nebby00007" <nebby00007@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20040514190141.22491.00000386@mb-m27.aol.com...
>
> usirsclt@earthlink.net said:
>
> > Despite what Phillipe/Robert M said,
> > the phone can only do one function at a
> > time.
>
>
> Duh, you in such a hurry to criticise you didnt read the previous post:
>
> " not simultaneously" is what the response was, exactly as you also said.

Stop replying in the same thread with multiple IDs Phillipe. The only calls
that go into voice mail are incoming calls, and the 460 is a 2G phone, so
Vision doesn't apply ...

Bob
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Bob Smith <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>
> Stop replying in the same thread with multiple IDs Phillipe. The only calls
> that go into voice mail are incoming calls, and the 460 is a 2G phone, so
> Vision doesn't apply ...
>
> Bob
>

Not entirely true, it uses 3G voice (1x).

- --

Thomas T. Veldhouse
Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (FreeBSD)

iD8DBQFApXD51p0e3NXsrtERAtLZAKC8bAb+LvZew/R5n4rHM8r6LPiwLACeLjNa
IpWMQNb4nNq3HdoR59DEPBY=
=biqO
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:40a570f9$0$153$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.octanews.com...
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Bob Smith <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >
> >
> > Stop replying in the same thread with multiple IDs Phillipe. The only
calls
> > that go into voice mail are incoming calls, and the 460 is a 2G phone,
so
> > Vision doesn't apply ...
> >
> > Bob
> >
>
> Not entirely true, it uses 3G voice (1x).

Yea, so is my wife's Sanyo 4700, but if you check the subject line, it's
asking about data ... and that is 2G and my correction to Phillipe's post.

Bob
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Wireless Carriers 1
S Wireless Carriers 1
A Wireless Carriers 1
M Wireless Carriers 1
Y Wireless Carriers 1
P Wireless Carriers 1
M Wireless Carriers 2
M Wireless Carriers 1
palpatine7 Wireless Carriers 1
D Wireless Carriers 1
H Wireless Carriers 1
G Wireless Carriers 1
J Wireless Carriers 1
G Wireless Carriers 7
B Wireless Carriers 2
M Wireless Carriers 5
G Wireless Carriers 5
G Wireless Carriers 2
G Wireless Carriers 1
G Wireless Carriers 1

ASK THE COMMUNITY