Samsung Surpasses Nokia as World's Largest Cell Phone Co.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]And I'm getting tired of idiots with no idea how products are made claiming that someone like Apple is just a marketing company. Is Nvidia a marketing company? They don't make their GPU's and have to rely on a foundry to do it for them, so I guess they fit your description.[/citation]

Nvidia designs their GPUs completely in-house. Yes, Apple isn't JUST a marketing company, but that really is their big thing. Apple does design some things such as their cases and chassis and I'm not sure, but they might at least play a part in designing their mobile CPUs for their iOS devices. They might play a part in designing their motherboards (I don't think they so, but I don't confirm that they do or don't).

Intel designs and manufactures the chipsets, CPUs, and some of the graphics, Nvidia designs some of the graphics, Samsung designs and manufactures some of the RAM, etc. Apple might not just be a marketing company, but they still don't manufacture like the article states that they do.

stockipad

Honorable
May 3, 2012
iPhone 4S 64GB Black / white - 400USD
Blackberry Porsche P9981 - 1000USD

Apple iPad 2 WIFI 3G (White or Black)
16GB - 300USD
32GB - 350USD
64GB - 400USD

Apple iPad 3 4G (White or Black)
16GB - 500USD
32GB -550USD