Solved! samsung tv and sound bar

Mar 10, 2019
i just got a Samsung smart tv and a Samsung sound bar .after turning off the tv and cable box and sound bar i wait a minute or so then the sound bar comes on then a minute later the tv .but if I wait till the sound bar comes on then turn it off by pushing the power button on the sound bar it stays off why is this HELP

Solution
Turn the TV speakers off in the TV setup/audio menu or just turn TV volume all the way down.
A soundbar is usually connected to the TV so it will work with all the sources connected to and internal to the TV. If you only use the Dish box then you could connect it to that directly but the soundbar would have to have both an HDMI input and HDMI-ARC output rather than just HDMI-ARC.
Mar 10, 2019
Yeah I did turn that off it worked but when I did that there was a echo between the tv and the sound bar. I don't know how to turn the volume down on my tv and just use my sound bar I have my sound bar hooked into my tv should it be hooked into my dish box first?

Turn the TV speakers off in the TV setup/audio menu or just turn TV volume all the way down.
A soundbar is usually connected to the TV so it will work with all the sources connected to and internal to the TV. If you only use the Dish box then you could connect it to that directly but the soundbar would have to have both an HDMI input and HDMI-ARC output rather than just HDMI-ARC.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS