samsung tv screen is dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2018
my Samsung tv screen became very dark. I have troubleshooted the television done updates checked the picture settings and nothing changes it. Called Samsung they ran a remote check and troubleshoot...nothing helped they told me it needs service. I have googled and read a few different issues it could be. Has anyone else had this issue. I can see the screen enough to use the menu. Audio is fine. Model# UN60ES7500

Aug 21, 2018
I can see the entire screen but its just dark...as if someone turned the brightness down. Im hoping someone can point me int the direction of what board needs replaced

Solution
Dec 16, 2018
I wonder if a recent software update is causing this?

My eco settings and auto dim are set to off. But when I turn the TV on it automatically boots up dimmed. It will “undim” when I use the remote (I.e hit the menu button). When I exit the menu it’s normal (bright) for about 20 seconds before dimming again. If I go in and set the eco setting to “high” and exit the menu, wait a few seconds, and then go turn it off again it magically fixes itself (until the next time I turn the TV on)

Apr 18, 2019
i found the cause of the issue you detailed it is the new energy star programming all smart tv's use it apparently give a bit of trouble on all brands but if you disable standard mode this should stop your issues because most brands enable energy star power saving in standard mode so if you put it on movie mode or natural you may see a change or it will stop completely but to ensure it stops make sure all energy saving options are turn off for instance ambient light settiing eco solution settings and power saving setting in picture setting are all turned to the off position and that should solve it even though i still experience a little trouble with my television i believe it is less of a problem as it was before because it does not dim on its own again !!! and my tv is 4 years old so the eco power saving sensor is probably going bad on it by now but try my suggestions and let me know if it helps because most bands enable energy star setting automatically in standard mode

Status
Not open for further replies.