Samsung un39fh5000fxza no picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik0316

Commendable
Nov 12, 2016
I have a Samsung led tv un39fh5000fxza with sound but no picture. I have done the flashlight test and can not see anything still. I would be so so thankful for any help.

Solution
If you have sound, and no picture, then I'd start with only the t-con.

It's a bit pricey, but if it is the correct model number it will work? Do you have an exact part number for the new part? It has to be exactly BN96-28858A/BN96-25509A and V390HJ4-CE1 written on the board or it will not be compatible with version PF03.

Even then....versions are not exact. I suggest opening the TV and confirming your board numbers before ordering. Did you confirm it was the correct part numbers first? Ordering the wrong parts will cost you a lot, and possibly the TV...

Usually, removing the TCON is rather easy. The two clips are simply flipped upwards, and then slided out. The other single connector to the main board has to be held even on each...
Hello.

I have recently seen this TV with the same issue as you have. We changed the main board and t-con for it...(kit) What is your version number? This can be found on the right or left side of the TV. It is labelled as VERSION or Ver.

Erik0316

Commendable
Nov 12, 2016

Sadly, we do these types of TVs quite often, so I don't exactly remember which one it was exactly. Does your TV still have sound and all? If yes, and you see absolutely nothing with a flashlight (be sure), then I suggest first changing the T-CON:
ebay

I usually suggest getting a kit for the whole tv from shopjimmy, but they don't have any in stock right now. If sadly, the T-con doesn't work, then change this:
http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn94-06778c-main-board-for-un39fh5000fxza.htm

Just be sure to redo the flashlight test again! Check around the middle and press menu on the remote. If you see text or a picture then go no further, your backlight is down.

Erik0316

Commendable
Nov 12, 2016
Thank you again for your help! I have no picture even with the flashlight test. I found a T-con board for $44.00 plus s&h on Amazon. Do you think the price is good? It will be $100 for both parts. Do you recommend putting the money into the tv or purchase a new one? The tv is not old at all, my only concern is this happening again to this tv? Also, is it hard to remove the two clips from T-con board? Thank you for all of your help!!

If you have sound, and no picture, then I'd start with only the t-con.

It's a bit pricey, but if it is the correct model number it will work? Do you have an exact part number for the new part? It has to be exactly BN96-28858A/BN96-25509A and V390HJ4-CE1 written on the board or it will not be compatible with version PF03.

Even then....versions are not exact. I suggest opening the TV and confirming your board numbers before ordering. Did you confirm it was the correct part numbers first? Ordering the wrong parts will cost you a lot, and possibly the TV...

Usually, removing the TCON is rather easy. The two clips are simply flipped upwards, and then slided out. The other single connector to the main board has to be held even on each side to press on the locks, and pulled out. You can find videos for this on internet.

But first, please open your TV and confirm you have those parts to begin with. ^^; Samsung has around 4 different panels and main boards for your model.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.