Solved! Samsung UNB7000 how hard can i touch the screen/xbox issues?

Deckard1981

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010
Hello this is my first post on toms hardware and i apologize if this has been asked before.
I purchased a UNB7000 ultra slim samsumg LED
It has a stuck pixel, i tried to lightly massage it and also press a pen tip through a rag on the area turn off the television and turn it back on. I didnt work and i have learnt to live with the issue. BUT i'am curious though there is no visual damage surrounding the stuck pixel, could i have damaged the area by touching and pressing on it even though like i said nothing is visable?
Plus i have picked up and moved this very slim LED tv three times, can moving a TV of this slender build and delicate screen do any internal damage or outter damage?
PLUS i hook my xbox 360 up to it with an HDMI and get immense screen tearing/frame tearing glitchyness on many games, is this my television? if it is i want to take it back if its just my xbox then i will keep it. I have tried every setting possible on my television.
Any response would be soooooo respected and aprechiated. I have a few days left on my 30 day warrenty! so a quick reply would be amazing thank u alot...
matt

Solution
regarding the stuck pixel, are you sure it is stuck and not dead? if it is dead, it ain't coming back.....if it is stuck, there are vid's out there designed to rapidly pulse the pixels that if run on a loop, might unstick it....google "video stuck pixel" and several copies are right on youtube.

If you damaged it by pressing on it you would probably notice the damage....as far as moving it, the documentation that came with it should have information about where the hold or pick up the unit from...my Samsung manual has that info so if you follow that, you should be ok.

on the x-box, sorry, don't know much about 'em.

amdchuck

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
regarding the stuck pixel, are you sure it is stuck and not dead? if it is dead, it ain't coming back.....if it is stuck, there are vid's out there designed to rapidly pulse the pixels that if run on a loop, might unstick it....google "video stuck pixel" and several copies are right on youtube.

If you damaged it by pressing on it you would probably notice the damage....as far as moving it, the documentation that came with it should have information about where the hold or pick up the unit from...my Samsung manual has that info so if you follow that, you should be ok.

on the x-box, sorry, don't know much about 'em.

Solution