Samsung's $120K, 105-inch TV: Better Than a Porsche?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fixxxer113

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
A friend of mine ise is building a huge multi-million dollar home and putting in a home theater with a 120" 4K/3D projector screen setup. The complete finished cost, including stadium seats, ambient lights, decorations, and sound system is ~$80k. Even he's not stupid enough to waste $120k on an HDTV alone.

Exactly!! Why do companies keep making these ridiculous useless TVs? Why do we spend so much Energy and resources for trash? For that kind of Money you can build all that and have a guy make popcorn for you when you watch movies...

OK, we get it, you can build a big screen! It's been going on for ages... With every new screen technology, someone has to build a huge one that ends up just being a huge ad in some big electronic store... It's useless and will offer marginally better picture than something that costs less than 1/10 of its price. Not to mention that it needs a moving crew every time you might want to change its position...

sea monkey

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
Suddenly the UN60F8500 seems so much more within reach.

Even if I could afford this, I'd still opt for a flagship 1080p plasma

zubikov

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
That Porsche pictured isn't worth $120K, it's about $50K. For $120K you can get a 911 Turbo, which is better than a TV in every imaginable way. Chasing women? it will help you there if that's your thing. Want 11 second 1/4 miles while hugging every turn you take, this is it. You will forget about watching TV or owning a house when you get out and drive a 911 Turbo.

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
That Porsche pictured isn't worth $120K, it's about $50K. For $120K you can get a 911 Turbo"

You haven't priced new Porsches in quite some time, have you? Look up the just the base cost of a 2014 911 Carrera S cabriolet with PDK and a 2014 911 Turbo coupe (even the non-S version which is about $40k more than a "standard" Turbo).

XGrabMyY

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
I'd like to know where you found a 3 bedroom 2 bath house for 120k in Denver... being they don't exist.

You have to get a section 8 house if you want that price in Denver. And you will most certainly be robbed and/or raped every single day of your life there.

Status
Not open for further replies.