Samsung's 55-inch OLED to Launch Before End of Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozonic

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
9000$ for a 55" 1080p tv? no way... make it at least 2560 x 1440 and then i will buy it, this is just overpriced

tanjali

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009
Second! De5_roy + 240hz,
I want integrated media player with 3Tb space, WiFi, invisible electric HD antenna, keyboard option, Skype...
and I'll pay $9000.

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
That dual view feature is a neat idea. I guess they just alternate glasses instead of L/R lenses on them, leveraging the 3D technology? But I wouldn't pay $9k for it. And anyone not wearing glasses is SOL I guess.

Since the switching speed on these LEDs should support over 600 Hz, I would think that they would be able to rival the refresh rate of the best plasmas. But Samsung has historically not been very good at their image processing technology: My 55" 120 Hz LCD Samsung has horrible tearing if I don't turn off the motiion adaptive whatever feature and configure it as close as possible to "video passthrough" mode. My Sony by comparison has outstanding 480i scaling to 1080p, approaching discrete GPU upscaling quality.

__-_-_-__

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
I really don't care about 3D but that dual view thing seams amazing.

the only thing missing is the sound. I mean, for 9k you would expect great speakers...
sure you can(?) add some if you like. who has 9k for a display also has money to buy great speakers. and good speakers can cost a lot more then 9k. and this screen is indeed the best commercial screen in the world.

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]I really don't care about 3D but that dual view thing seams amazing.the only thing missing is the sound. I mean, for 9k you would expect great speakers...sure you can(?) add some if you like. who has 9k for a display also has money to buy great speakers. and good speakers can cost a lot more then 9k. and this screen is indeed the best commercial screen in the world.[/citation]

What everyone is missing is the potential of this.

** Full screen multiplayer console games. **

That is what you are paying for.

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
@anti-painkilla: OMG, that sounds ridiculously cool. No more split-screen. No more opponent looking at your view to see where you are and what you're doing. Now if only they could do that in 3D... (TIC).

MajinCry

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
Uh. It'd be cheaper to buy a top of the range projector that does 3D than to buy this TV, and you'd save alot of cash.

Meh. It's not like you can't find a 50" TV for £100 on gumtree.

scifi9000

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
Is everyone missing the point that this is OLED??? This is like the holy grail of picture quality and you are dissing it??? This screen will look better at 720p than a standart LCD will look at 2160p because the colours and blacks will be insane.... get with the program

G

The majority of you people are stupid. This is a premium product based on a premium display method called OLED. It is not meant for people like you who want to walk into a store and put the cheapest 50" plasma on finance. If you don't know the difference, don't comment. You are all dumb and you don't realize what the hell is going on. Any new type of tech is always expensive, and this is the newest of new tech. I award you all no points, and may god have mercy on your souls...

Status
Not open for further replies.