Samsung's Latest Galaxy S4 Commercial is Super Bizarre

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Trutherizer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
To me the add is surprisingly honest.

I've long had the feeling that consumer preference of smartphone is based on a phone's perceived ability to turn them into hip ninjas. I just didn't know how exactly to put it into words till now.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
shwetanshu: "They got what they went out to seek. Because there is no such thing as bad publicity." <-- umm... of course there is. There's scandals that can cost a company massive marketshare (money), tarnish reputation that can take years to recover.

Wait, lemme guess, you think Toyota and their acceleration issue that cost them multi-millions of dollars in recall costs, lost sales, marketshare, fines from governments and tarnished their reputation was not bad publicity?

Or when a meat producers has people dying from a disease due to contaminated products that's not bad publicity?

What universe do you live on? iGalaxy Sheep World I guess...

SirGCal

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
I have an S4... but that's just one WEIRD commercial... I get the apple, the sheep... But dancing ninjas?!? WTF!!!?!

Eating the apple was a nice touch. But lose the ninjas or whatever they were. That was just dumb and dropped the rating in my eyes. Good to that point.

Sigurgeir Helgason

Honorable
Jul 8, 2013
I don't think this ad was created by Samsung Global just by a small Icelandic company for the Icelandic market. The point of the ad is that Iphone doesn't understand Icelandic while Samsung S4 does. I don't really think Samsung Global would like to put their name to this ad at all, this is done on very cheap budget (almost none I would think) and isn't in Samsung's quality standards.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
their budget must have been small, guy that can dance and flip, a sheep, a troupe of dancers(friends of flippy guy) dressed as ninjas and some apples..., the end.

g-thor

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
Sigurgeir Helgason hit the nail on the head. This ad was done for Iceland - and it shows the quirks of Icelandic humour. You wouldn't be seeing this ad anywhere else, except for the power of the Internet.

I am a Western Icelander.

shwetanshu

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
Whoa whoa whoa... No need to get all sentimental there.It is clear that I meant All publicity is good if it is intelligent. The thought behind the proverb had been expressed earlier by Oscar Wilde: "The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about."

While I agree that bad publicity can yield devastating results for a company, I think what’s at the heart of the idea that of that phrase is the thought that while it puts negative energy toward the organization, it also gives them a unique chance to be in the spotlight, respond well to the negativity, and come back stronger for it.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
I get it... I think.

Using an iPhone is as useful as trying to use a piece of fruit as a smartphone. Their way of saying it is shite.

The GS4 is much better as it has 4 'ninja fast and responsive' cores (only 4 of the 8 cores work at any one time).

I think it is also suggesting that the GS4 has bigger RAM. :)

At least that is how I interpret the advert.

neilquan

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
I love how mature people are. Why does liking one product vs another have to devolve into insults? If it works for you and you like it more power to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.