Sandbox for trying and deciding for new programs

Kisianik

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
Hi

I am looking for substitution to Acronis try and decide feature, as I want to ditch Acronis all together.

Acronis try and decide works by creating temporary virtual windows or sandbox for new program installation. If user don't like new program, choose Acronis discard option, system reboots and all new program traces are gone. If user likes new program, he chooses to save the processes run in sandbox, so Acronis applying changes.

Does any other programs, like Acronis try and decide, exist?

I know Sandboxie or Timefreeze can allow to play with new program and then discard. What about saving the program?

Anyone knows something?

Kisianik

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013

Thanks for reply.
But it is actually the same as Sandboxie or Timefreeze.
Acronis doing so in one set, no need to install again. I guess I would have to find my old Acronis 2010 and hope that it will work on Win 10.
Acronis latest, 2018, became very bloated with 6 running processes and doing other tasks, too much for the budget PC I am tweaking for my relative. I just manged to make boot much faster, under 30 sec compare to much longer previously, so I don't want to bag it with unnecessary programs.

Lets hope someone else will join this thread.
Commercial programs are OK, as well as they do only what they are expected to do and not spying on the user, like new Acronis.

Kisianik

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013

Thanks

Too late. Sandboxie was no good, as it did not let some of the program components to install in the sand box, but Time Freeze was excellent, and much more convenient for the trial of large, complex programs.

However, RollBack Rx seems to be promising in replacing Acronis True Image, which is another part of the story, thanks for pointing me into this direction, will investigate.