Sat on it.. Oh no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pryvisee

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
Alright, so I just sat on my laptop ($1000 Sager Gaming laptop btw...) accidentally with it closed, and now I have these pressure things.. Since they came from the back of the LCD though, shouldn't they go away over time, or is there someway to fix it with some kind of software? I'm just scared that I'll have to deal with that.. Other than that, the screen on this thing is beautiful.. 95% color gamut, 1080 screen.. Yeah.. sucks.

What it looks like:
http://i.imgur.com/KCca2bq.jpg

Solution
It's up to you to decide if you want to change your screen or keep it. I don't think the pressure areas will disappear, and no software will be good for that. You will see in time if the problem will be more apparent. But you could look at the back of the screen, maybe something is pushing the screen.

hytecgowthaman

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
i think display crack in center ( image quality is bad) . if display comes u can use until dead . if no display u get then change u r monitor is the solution . no software to cure dead or cracked monitor.

pryvisee

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012

It's not cracked, there's just "pressure spots". I would know if the display was cracked. ... I think you missed what I was saying.

hytecgowthaman

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012

reason ( image quality is bad) . ok ok whats u r problem give detail info . u r monitor working or not or any dead spots or etc...

pryvisee

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012

It's only when the picture on the screen is dark, gray or black. Nothing when the screen is white.

It's up to you to decide if you want to change your screen or keep it. I don't think the pressure areas will disappear, and no software will be good for that. You will see in time if the problem will be more apparent. But you could look at the back of the screen, maybe something is pushing the screen.

Solution
Sagers are fairly robust. You should be able to gain access to the back of the panel to see if anything is still pressing against the back of it as jarotech suggested. Whether you are under the warranty period or not, I don't think Sager offers any accidental protection, so at this point it couldn't hurt to check (just be careful not to damage something else by accident if you inspect).

Status
Not open for further replies.