Solved! satellite 2m6 and switchable GPU option

Apr 26, 2019
Hello, i didn't find switchable GPU option in my bios and i want to turn it off to use my new graphic card with GPU adapter . can you help me please and thanks . sorry for my bad English :)

Solution
You shouldn't need to turn off the integrated graphics to use the other GPU, you should only need to change it settings in Windows. Without knowing which GPU you have (the computer you list isn't the full model so I could not look up the specs).

If it is a Nvidia GPU, try option 1. If it is AMD GPU, try option 2.

Option 1...

Try this...

A. Uninstall, and then reinstall, the latest graphics card driver.
B. Make sure that your Nvidia graphics card is set as the default graphics card.

Here's the steps on how to set it to default.

1. Open the "Nvidia Control Panel".
  2. Select "Manage 3D Settings" under 3D Settings.
  3. Click on the "Program Settings" tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop...
You shouldn't need to turn off the integrated graphics to use the other GPU, you should only need to change it settings in Windows. Without knowing which GPU you have (the computer you list isn't the full model so I could not look up the specs).

If it is a Nvidia GPU, try option 1. If it is AMD GPU, try option 2.

Option 1...

Try this...

B. Make sure that your Nvidia graphics card is set as the default graphics card.

1. Open the "Nvidia Control Panel".
  3. Click on the "Program Settings" tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop down list.
  4. Now select "preferred graphics processor" in the drop down list. (You can see what the automatic option is listed as global setting) If you want to use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance Nvidia processor.

Once it is running on the right one, test the system again and see if the problem persists.

Option 2...

Try the following...

B. Make sure that your AMD graphics card is set as the default graphics card.

1. Open the "Control Center".
  3. Click on the "Program Settings" tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop down list.
  4. Now select "preferred graphics processor" in the drop down list. (You can see what the automatic option is listed as global setting) If you want to use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance AMD processor.

Once it is running on the right one, test the system again and see if the problem persists.

For ATI/AMD graphics cards the process varies.

You may need to open graphics then PowerPlay and set plugged in and/or battery to maximize performance.

You can also try going to graphics then 3D and move the slider to performance. Your computer may also have a switchable graphics tab where you can change the settings for individual programs.

Solution
Apr 26, 2019
Thanks for reply , OK i will explain everything to you .

i have Toshiba SATELLITE C855-2M6 with CPU i3-3120m / 8go Ram / Intel HD 4000 ...

I bought [Mini PCI-E Version] V8.0 EXP GDC ----> exactly this one from Here

Then i followed all the instructions from YouTube clips to install GTX 1050 . After the successful installation of all the pieces, I had to search in my BIOS the option switchable GPU but i didn't find it .

My BIOS version is 6.60

without this option and when i try to open my pc i get a black screen and if i try to connect an external monitor in the GTX 1050 my pc work fine and under device Manager i found the two graphic cards ' Intel 4000 and GTX 1050 ' but there is a yellow triangle in GTX 1050 . also the windows doesn't work with any of them because he doesn't give me their settings when i click right mouse .

so help me plz if you can

Thanks for reply , OK i will explain everything to you .

i have Toshiba SATELLITE C855-2M6 with CPU i3-3120m / 8go Ram / Intel HD 4000 ...

I bought [Mini PCI-E Version] V8.0 EXP GDC ----> exactly this one from Here

Then i followed all the instructions from YouTube clips to install GTX 1050 . After the successful installation of all the pieces, I had to search in my BIOS the option switchable GPU but i didn't find it .

My BIOS version is 6.60

without this option and when i try to open my pc i get a black screen and if i try to connect an external monitor in the GTX 1050 my pc work fine and under device Manager i found the two graphic cards ' Intel 4000 and GTX 1050 ' but there is a yellow triangle in GTX 1050 . also the windows doesn't work with any of them because he doesn't give me their settings when i click right mouse .

so help me plz if you can

You won't see the option in the BIOS because your laptop did not come with the video card on the motherboard. If the card is not seen properly contact the vendor of the external adapter support. You installed or tried to install the drivers for the 1050 correct? You have power running to it?