SATELLITE P25W-C2300-4K Touchpad not working

guokai080

Commendable
Jul 15, 2016
I have a Toshiba SATELLITE P25W-C2300-4K with Windows 10 . While running on Windows 10, the touchpad (activities such as pointer movement, clicking, and scrolling) sometimes can not be worked(slow down)a USB mouse will work, however,sometimes when i reboot the system it is will be ok.

Solution
There are a couple things you can try.

First option...

1. Go into "Devices and Printers".
2. Right click on the "Touchpad" icon.
3. Click "Troubleshoot".

It may not come up with anything at all as a resolution, but it is always a good idea to check.

Second Option...

1. Go to "Device Manager".
2. Click on "Mouse and other pointing device".
3. Locate the Touchpad driver.
4. Right-click on the driver and then click "Update Driver Software".
5. Now click "Search automatically for the updated driver software".
6. Then follow the instructions given to update the driver.

If neither of these helps, then the touchpad may be going. If the device is under warranty, you might want to contact the manufacturer and they can repair or replace...

guokai080

Commendable
Jul 15, 2016
my part no. pspvvu-006015
The touchpad will lockup/freeze and be unuseable during normal operation often and with regularity. The touchpad also has an issue in not responding to a 'right-click' action with about the same regularity. Left alone, the touchpad will begin to respond after 10 - 20 seconds. The issues do not occur when using a USB mouse.

There are a couple things you can try.

First option...

1. Go into "Devices and Printers".
2. Right click on the "Touchpad" icon.
3. Click "Troubleshoot".

It may not come up with anything at all as a resolution, but it is always a good idea to check.

Second Option...

1. Go to "Device Manager".
2. Click on "Mouse and other pointing device".
3. Locate the Touchpad driver.
4. Right-click on the driver and then click "Update Driver Software".
5. Now click "Search automatically for the updated driver software".
6. Then follow the instructions given to update the driver.

If neither of these helps, then the touchpad may be going. If the device is under warranty, you might want to contact the manufacturer and they can repair or replace it. If it isn't then you can either look into replacing it yourself, take it to a local tech to do the repair/replacement, or just keep using the mouse.

Solution

pragnesh95

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016

I have the same problem, the same model and part number, So far have you got any solution?