Saudi Arabia Bans BlackBerrys in All of Country

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

squallypie

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]We should place a CIA-backed dictator in the UAE ASAP. We could be looting the oil instead of paying for it.[/citation]

We need a CIA backed daddy to whip ur ass a million times a day and remind you "IT AINT YOUR OIL BITCH, PAY FOR IT"

havent u had enough with replacing dictators everywhere? if you cant pay for it, you cant have it... simple!

G

They are not remotely concerned with fighting terrorism, they want to be able to burn their daughters at the stake for sending pictures of their boobs

fanat1c

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2009
[citation][nom]MamiyaOtaru[/nom]I bet your username is fitting[/citation]

It has nothing to do with Islam. It is my gamer alias.

[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]Actually, I think it is you who needs to read up on Islam. Hellwig's comments were spot-on. Sharia Law is known for being particularly barbaric, and Saudia Arabia is one of the strictest Sharia Law enforcers.[/citation]

I am a practicing muslim so I am quite aware of how the Sharia works. It is nothing to do with being barbaric unless you find stealing or getting drunk perfectly normal.

Anyways I do not wish to get into a religious debate over here. It has everything to do with how much control a government wishes to exercise over its citizens. Those countries are not democratic in nature and therefore it is perfectly normal for them to ban a product because it cannot be monitored.

Mousemonkey

Distinguished

Stealing, no but I do think that getting drunk is perfectly normal and I like to do so whenever possible. ;)

Milleman

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
I have a friend that is working in UAE. Ho told me that it is illegal to use VOIP phones och programs on a PC because they don't want it to compete with the national telephone company.

I don't have a blackberry, nor do I know what RIM is. But could VOIP funtions be the true reason for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.