saving battery on computer

Brinegar7

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
I do not use my computer every day I had it three years before the battery died. I replaced it 6 months ago it is dead again. I leave it plugged in all the time is that why the battery is keeps going dead?

Solution
Was it a genuine OEM part it was replaced with? If it was one of these cheap copies that use cheap cells then that will be why the second one died so much quicker.

Also yes leaving a laptop permanently plugged in and full charged does not do it any good. Some laptop have a feature where you can cap the charge at 60%-80% if the laptop is going to be always plugged in.

sizzling

Distinguished
Was it a genuine OEM part it was replaced with? If it was one of these cheap copies that use cheap cells then that will be why the second one died so much quicker.

Also yes leaving a laptop permanently plugged in and full charged does not do it any good. Some laptop have a feature where you can cap the charge at 60%-80% if the laptop is going to be always plugged in.

Solution

Brinegar7

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016

Brinegar7

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
Thanks for answering it cost $75.00 but it was not a genuine dell part.Guess I learned the hard way I have a genuine dell part to replace it with now.