Scary: Bill Grants President Control of Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonxcarbonx

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
what's with these sensationalist headlines tom's hardware? I agree that the bill shouldn't pass, but the headline doesn't match reality.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
F!@# them. I wonder what the 1337 hackers/crackers will do about this; I'm sure most of them are pissed off.

At any rate, WHAT company are considered "critical"? Northrop, NASA, DoD, Mocrosoft, Google????

This "CyperSecurity" is just a mess.

Hellbound

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
I don't trust Obama. I think he would sign it if passed. The question is, what would they deem a "cyber threat"?

More government intrusion, more government control of private sectors, socialized medicine, and now, if this bill is passed, they will have the right to intrude on our networks.. This isnt the "change" I wanted.

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
i guess i see the use in this, like if terrorist get the know how to use our internet agents us, or to prevent skynet. its not like it will happen every day, or year, or 5 years, or ever! but its not like he can control LANs not connected to the main "internet". which is why we need starcraft with lan!

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Oh you mean the bill that was for just financial and government owned networks? Unless that changed which I highly doubt. So sure the wording is vague, but no where do I see the internet to be affected.

Sigh.... Really, why is this even on a site like this to begin with. Should be on a site ran by right wingers with all the word twisting this article did.

dingumf

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
[citation][nom]ravenware[/nom]Does everyone have brain damage? This bill was presented and reported on April 1st already.[/citation]

Yea Tom's hardware is very late at news

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Hellbound[/nom]I don't trust Obama. [/citation]

Sad when right wingers that are trying to hide their racism are posting on a Tom's site. How do I know you are right winger? You can't think for yourself or look up something called "facts." I know using your brain is hard, but you should try it.

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
[citation][nom]dingumf[/nom]Yea Tom's hardware is very late at news[/citation]
They reported it. I guess they forgot about it; but they're not the only ones.

The only thing new is the bill has been supposedly revised but contains the same problems.

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
[citation][nom]kami3k[/nom]Sad when right wingers that are trying to hide their racism are posting on a Tom's site. How do I know you are right winger? You can't think for yourself or look up something called "facts." I know using your brain is hard, but you should try it.[/citation]
Sad when the people fall into a false left right paradigm and then call any rational objections towards a policy an act of racism; effectively side stepping a real issue and inserting a false one, causing division and turmoil instead of paying attention.

Read the bill yourself. I read it almost 5 months ago and this was in the bill, I believe it was on page 53 or 54.

Yeah I voted for Obama too (as did the majority of the voting public) but I am not going buy into his sh** because he is a Democrat. The man has shown that he is a liar and can not be trusted.

G

If you are pro Obama, just envision this power in the hands of a president you don't trust -- FUTURE presidents will have this power, too -- I'm sure there will be at least one during your lifetime that you won't want to have this power! Look ahead!

iiisgte

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
I can already see it:

GREEN ALERT: Safe to go on the internet

YELLOW ALERT: Few hours of internet

RED ALERT: Duck and cover!

Sigh....

Status
Not open for further replies.