Schmidt: Apple Reponds with Lawsuits

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Apple already won some patent lawsuits against HTC which will most likely appeal. And HTC stocks got hit hard over the whole thing. Dont feel sorry for HTC because if Apple used anything HTC patented they would sue Apple. Of course lawsuits shouldn't impede innovation but to let companies do whatever they want for ideas/patents another company developed is BS too.

G

@robochump

better go back and check your history, generally speaking, the cell phone market is a cross listening nightmare and it used to be unless you were blatantly poaching company secrets they didn't go around smacking each other with the patent stick too often cause you might end up getting smacked back, so surprise surprise when one handset maker started to do mass smacking it turned into a lawyers paradise

and if you want to talk patents, HTC has been making handsets longer then Apple has been making iPods, their list of patents could well rival Apple's, which is noting on the one that Nokia sports, if you want to talk messy, HTC is a strategic partner for MS, MS now has a strategic alliance with Nokia, Nokia could probably make this lawsuit child's play compared to the amount of patents they can throw at Apple

for god sake round icons...... that must have taken some big investment in R&D to come up with that one

K-zon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
For the place of innovation and products, to say all aspects of innovation are taken into part for what they are, without a by out, due to the fact of say democracy then all we would be left with would be a Republic, yes?

So, of these products to say of anything of what is within market to say of interest even against democracy, then probably would say that on a Republic note of interest, a way of some products to be put into market from Innovation without a buyout.

Given of course, usually those able to think f an idea of reasoning of purpose of interest, against just the fact of whats done, would say probably that a democracy is short-sited in the face of a Republic, since in Democratic place, the idea of itself would present itself each time, instead presented at a time.

Cause then a Republic stances would be left within a Democratic place of being, rather small or large. So the Demoractic place of being is left for what it would be, for whatever it is.

Which is sad alot of times of course, given it all, but to say alot of Democracies dont stem from Republics to say, is probably to say all products are created equal for the purpose of an equal place to be with what the product is. Cause no product really needs to be the same as another. But can be the sack of equality in/over/with all.

Hard saying or telling really, without putting assumption in on whats argued the most, against what it is.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]neverdyne[/nom]One has to really consider if the current patent structure is still beneficial for innovation or, well, just retarded. I am guessing the people who accept these patents do not have the knowledge or expertise to understand what is being patented. There should be a more robust screening process to detect retarded patents and leave them out; a process where true, innovative patents are accepted to protect their owner's efforts.[/citation]
i agree as i believe
According to the patent 5,946,647 listing, Apple describes a "system and method for performing an action on a structure in computer."
could effectively be owned by who ever invented keyboards and mice or infared controllers and not to metion touch screens

G

Apple needs to burn in hell... all they do is bitch when someone else does something better then them... They are a cancer that murders market competition and innovation...

G

"and even feels confident that the non-Apple handset maker will win."

Well yeah, I don't think Google is going to shoot itself in the foot by saying they're going to lose.

And this has nothing to do with Apple personally disliking Android. They are just making a good business decision. Vote me down all you want, but if you think about, I think you'll come to the same conclusion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS