Scientists Mapping Ozzy Osbourne's DNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Um, he's sixty-one. That's not very old at all.

By the way, PCP is not embalming fluid.
"PCP was first synthesized in 1926 and began being investigated as a human anaesthetic in the mid 1950's by Parke Davis. It was marketed as a human anesthetic for two years under the name 'Sernyl' before being withdrawn from the market due to hallucinations experienced by patients under it's influence. Recreational use rose in the late 60's leading to its placement in Schedule III in the early 70's. After its recreational use continued to rise during the early 70's, PCP was moved to Schedule II in 1978. "
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/pcp/pcp_basics.shtml

"The term "embalming fluid" is often used to refer to the liquid PCP in which a cigarette is dipped, to be ingested through smoking, commonly known as "boat" or "water." The name most likely originated from PCP's somatic "numbing" effect and the feeling of physical dissociation from the body, and has led to the widespread (mistaken) belief that the liquid is made up of or contains real embalming fluid."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phencyclidine

dco

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
Sure the guys alive after taking so many drugs but the guy is practically brain-dead, hardly extraordinar. Why not research someone more deserving.

Tuguz

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
I'm not sure what are they expecting to find, while genes play a major role (enzyme function for example), environmental factors are also just as important, those are almost impossible to gauge though since they include micro-organisms such as viruses, bacteria etc.

garyshome

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
I saw him with Black Sabbath about 30 years ago, he did the bat head routine, the show was So So, still am a Black Sabbath Fan.

insanernator

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
[citation][nom]sicpric[/nom]I always suspected cocaine and alcohol was the trick to long life...[/citation]

So alcoholic gamers should be set too, then! lol

ordcestus

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]San Pedro[/nom]Um, he's sixty-one. That's not very old at all.[/citation]
it is if you've been on that many drugs and drinking that much. he should have died 15 or 20 years ago

ordcestus

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]Tuguz[/nom]I'm not sure what are they expecting to find, while genes play a major role (enzyme function for example), environmental factors are also just as important, those are almost impossible to gauge though since they include micro-organisms such as viruses, bacteria etc.[/citation]
well its quite possible he has a set of genes that are much more resistant to the negative effects of drugs. Assuming that was engineered into the average person then we could use drugs that up until then had side effects too severe to justify their main purpose

G

I think they should test Keith Richards from the Rolling Stones. He's older.

Status
Not open for further replies.