Solved! Scratches showed up on the screen seemingly by itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2019
I have a 12+ year old Sony Bravia 40" S something. It's been starting to crap out with white shading getting larger and larger when turned on with the cable box off. You can't really notice the white while the TV is on. Anyways I noticed 2 really deep scratches recently and 1 not so deep scratch on the screen. I'm the only one who has ever cleaned the screen. The wife has never touched it. My 9 year old kid said he hasn't touched it and I believe him. Anyways, the scratches are pretty straight. Is it possible that the screen manifests a scratch from something going on under the panel? I'm about ready to replace it and was just wondering if any of y'all have seen anything like this?
IMG_5158_zps1eskqhpd.jpg

IMG_5159_zpsthmgjcas.jpg

Solution
No there is no way to cause this without something actually scratching the screen. Unless you have a ghost or a lion living with you that thought the TV was a zebra, I would go with the 9yr old doing something there. Those are really straight and parallel though, so would be curious to know what may have caused it. He has any Wolverine toy claws? The screen is not very hard, does not take much force to scratch them.
No there is no way to cause this without something actually scratching the screen. Unless you have a ghost or a lion living with you that thought the TV was a zebra, I would go with the 9yr old doing something there. Those are really straight and parallel though, so would be curious to know what may have caused it. He has any Wolverine toy claws? The screen is not very hard, does not take much force to scratch them.

Solution
Apr 27, 2019
Thanks for the reply. I was really curious too. He would have needed knife/razor blade and a ruler to do that kind of work, and the kid can't even make 2 lines that straight with a rule and a pencil on paper. But I'll ask him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.