Screen dim in Windows 8.1 boot

eidolon171

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
I have an issue with brightness control on my Windows boot.

This is what I did. I put the bootcamp drivers from a macbook pro A1286 on a thumbdrive, deleted the primary partition, carved out half of the ssd, formatted that, installed Windows 8.1, installed all of my drivers, and noticed that during one driver installation the screen got super vibrant and bright, then went dim again.

I plugged the macbook in, but it stayed dim. I went to the power profile controls and checked, brightness was set to max. Tried to lower brightness and noticed it had only 3 stages dim, very dim, and completely black.

I decided to turn it off, as soon as it logged out the screen got super bright again as the "signing off" loading screen cycled. I turned it back on, and it was still dim.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

eidolon171

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
Figured this one out myself. For some reason the Macbook's display can't correctly run the adaptive brightness feature in Bootcamp, its easiest to just turn the thing off. In Windows boot > Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Power Options > Change plan settings > Change advanced plan settings > Display > Enable adaptive brightness > (Turn both options OFF)