screen flickers on asus

vernonolais

Prominent
Oct 9, 2017
Hello there. I got asus x556u laptop and it ages a year. The problem is when i turn it on it goes normal but after few seconds it flickers with colorful lines both vertical and horizontal. After few seconds it returns to normal display. It goes on and on. I tried to connect my device to another monitor and it appears okay compare to my laptop screen. What might be the problem guys? Can i still fix my laptop?

ffg7

Splendid
as it does not do it with external monitor then not the onboard video issue just laptop screen problem.
I would go with the matte finish as less reflections & finger prints. http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/ASUS/X556U%20SERIES/

vernonolais

Prominent
Oct 9, 2017
it still does i thought that moving back and forth will help. One thing is it returns to normal after a while and goes back again on flickering. I hoping that its not the LCD

ffg7

Splendid
if the screen is stationary but it flickers & the external monitor does not flicker means it is the lcd is causing the problem not the cable or onboard vide. to confirm this is to open up the laptop & reseat the cable from the motherboard to back of lcd screen.