Solved! Screen goes black on my LG k7 phone.

Dec 20, 2018
Whenever I make or receive calls the screen goes black. It comes back when I. Take out the battery at times and sometimes it will come back on its own after a minute or 2. I can text and use the internet just fine, only issue is calling.

Solution
Another way to try getting into "Safe Mode" is to Press and Hold the power button as you would to turn the phone off. When the screen comes up asking if you want to turn it off, restart, etc., tap and hold "Power Off". This should bring up a screen asking if you want to restart in "Safe Mode".
Try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode" and see if the calls work fine in there. If they do, then something on the phone is interfering. Bad app, virus, malware, etc., which would have to be removed.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Dec 20, 2018
Thanks for trying to assist, however that doesn't seem to work with this model. The volume control is the same as the on off button. To manually turn the volume down i would have to allow the phone to completely boot up. Besides, i have already done a complete factory reset and removed all apps. That did not fix the issue however, i did notice the settings for call barring were set to "on" when the sim card was in the phone. I am not sure what those settings should be on this phone.. Do you know? Thanks, its the LG K7

Another way to try getting into "Safe Mode" is to Press and Hold the power button as you would to turn the phone off. When the screen comes up asking if you want to turn it off, restart, etc., tap and hold "Power Off". This should bring up a screen asking if you want to restart in "Safe Mode".

Solution
Dec 26, 2018
Power off the phone by holding the power button for a few seconds. Let go of all buttons and power off the phone. If the LG logo does appear on the screen and you wish to continue with the hard reset then release the power button while still holding down the volume down button, then re-hold the power button mybkexperience.