Screen goes blank

Aug 21, 2018
When I turn phone on enter my pin code code screen goes blank, but the back button back to home button etc still show but screen stays blank

Solution
Since, from what you wrote, you must be able to see the display to enter the pin code, try turning it on in "Safe Mode" and see if it will load correctly. If it does, then you probably have something on the device that is interfering. virus, malware, bad app, etc. that would have to be removed to resolve the problem. If you are unable to figure out what the item is that is causing it, then you may well have to do a "Hard Reset". Just be sure you back up what you can (files, photos, etc., not apps) before doing the reset.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press...
Since, from what you wrote, you must be able to see the display to enter the pin code, try turning it on in "Safe Mode" and see if it will load correctly. If it does, then you probably have something on the device that is interfering. virus, malware, bad app, etc. that would have to be removed to resolve the problem. If you are unable to figure out what the item is that is causing it, then you may well have to do a "Hard Reset". Just be sure you back up what you can (files, photos, etc., not apps) before doing the reset.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Now if it won't show, even in "Safe Mode" or after a "Hard Reset", I would have a tech look at it.

Solution