Screen issue disappeared... should I still send RMA?

G

I purchased ASUS G751JY about a week ago. Earlier today, a thin vertical line appeared on my screen and it was most likely a hardware issue (vertical line was still present when booting into safe mode and BIOS with no software/drivers loaded, and reinstalling GPU did not resolve the issue).

I contacted ASUS and they happily offered an RMA request (great customer service, ASUS) and they are paying for the shipping labels. I was using my laptop all afternoon for about 4 hours, and the line was present the entire time. I shut down my laptop and ran some errands and when I got home, the line was still there. Now, after using my laptop for a few hours this evening, the thin vertical line has disappeared, and I am unsure how I should proceed.

If you were me, would you still send the laptop in to get it checked out? Will ASUS actually examine my screen if they can't see the issue? Is there such thing as a hardware glitch and the vertical line I saw earlier today was temporary and won't come back? I haven't contacted ASUS yet to update them on my situation as I want to wait a few more days and see how things turn out. Thanks everyone!