Question Screen Replacement HP Pavilion I5-CS00053cl

May 12, 2020
So, unfortunately my laptop screen broke. Now the screen my laptop has is 15.6" diagonal FHD IPS BrightView micro-edge WLED-backlit touch screen (1920 x 1080)
I am not able to find this exact screen. My question is what if I find a screen with the exact size, resolution, and connector type, would it work? Secondly, this was a touch screen, would another non-touch screen work?
I really would appreciate some help.

racecar56

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
Hello Aishf, I hope you're doing well (aside the screen woes)!

I'd like to provide you with the information I've gathered from a few years replacing laptop screens. In the vast majority of cases, you can use basically any screen that is the same exact size, resolution, and connector type as you said.

However, going by my findings through a lookup of your laptop model on LaptopScreen.com (which I find is almost always spot-on), your LCD is an 40-pin eDP screen with embedded touch. This is very likely the kind of screen you have. Unfortunately, you cannot use either a 40-pin non-touch LCD, nor a 30-pin eDP LCD, as neither are compatible (electrically for the former, and physically for the latter). Thus, you will have to replace it with a touch-enabled screen.

On the back of your LCD, you may have an HP spare part number. It will most likely be in this format:

Code:
254103-001

Attempt to look up this code on the Internet, and you should at least find some information, if not screens you can purchase. To expand your results, you can look for screens exactly like those that you see in this search.

Please report back to us with your findings. I hope this helps! Have a good day.