Solved! Screen size issues

startrtied

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
Alright, lets just say my current 17" gateway laptop(1.24 to 1.42-inches (H) × 16.06-inches (W) × 10.89-inches (D)) which is about 8 pounds goes to school each day(it almost never comes off my back either) with me and has a battery life of about 10 mins lol so its always plugged in. I will be leaving high school in a few months and hopefully be going to a university in the US, I have no clue what it is like over there but here in Jamaica, my 17" would be a bit too clunky to go to university due to likely lack of plug in spots because everyone prolly has a laptop as well who wants to plug in i am guessing.

I have been searching for a new laptop to buy soon, maybe within the next few months but i am having problems deciding if a 15.6" will suffice(the one i was looking at was:14.84" (w) x 10.04" (d) x 1.06" ~ 1.48" (h)) or should i resort to a even smaller 14"? i hear people constantly saying 15" is clunky and hard to carry around, my friend carries one to school almost everyday as well so i really dont know?

Could anyone here shed some light on how portable these are for me, considering my situation?

Solution
I would say even 13" should be good enough, not too small as to not be able to see the images on it, and good battery life secondary to screen size.