Question Screen still getting power when laptop is turned off

May 28, 2022
Good day all, so I am using an acer aspire a315-51. My laptop screen when the system is powered off and plugged in shows a dim light towards the bottom of the screen. What could be wrong with it. This is my first time asking a question on this forum, so forgive me if I did not phrase this issue well.

Etrius vanRandr

Upstanding
May 11, 2022
Good day all, so I am using an acer aspire a315-51. My laptop screen when the system is powered off and plugged in shows a dim light towards the bottom of the screen. What could be wrong with it. This is my first time asking a question on this forum, so forgive me if I did not phrase this issue well.
Can you post a photo? Likely just a faulty screen where it isn't receiving the PWR_OFF signal from the display mux.

Reactions: phosi
May 28, 2022
If this happens only when plugged in, then there is a short to ground somewhere along the display line. Have you ever bumped or dropped the laptop beyond what is considered normal use?
Yes, but that happened months back, almost a year ago. Though my laptop charger misbehaves sometimes, if that helps.

Etrius vanRandr

Upstanding
May 11, 2022
If I turn off the socket and put it back on, the laptop doesn't charge even though it was charging when the socket was originally turned on. Also, it had cut so I used tape to join it back.
Using damaged chargers is extremely dangerous. I highly suggest getting a new one and that may solve the issue. Go on eBay and search for "AC Adapter Charger For Acer Aspire 3 A315-51 A315-52 A315-53 Power Supply Cord ".

Since the charger is damaged and the issue occurs when the charger is plugged in, it's logical to assume that the charger is the problem.

May 28, 2022
Using damaged chargers is extremely dangerous. I highly suggest getting a new one and that may solve the issue. Go on eBay and search for "AC Adapter Charger For Acer Aspire 3 A315-51 A315-52 A315-53 Power Supply Cord ".

Since the charger is damaged and the issue occurs when the charger is plugged in, it's logical to assume that the charger is the problem.
I've been using the charger for over a year like that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kursat42 Laptop Tech Support 4
xdhampx Laptop Tech Support 0
Sérgio Ferreira Laptop Tech Support 0
GoogleThread25 Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 3
G Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1