Scvhost.exe virus , tdss killer not running , other scans show nothing ...

mitsosvazelos84

Estimable
Aug 24, 2014
Hey guys ,
I was playing a game when my ram usage skyroketed to 7gb and CPU to 100% . I have found that a service or a posible virus named scvhost.exe is using almost 2gigabytes of memory and stressing my cpu . I immediately ran a scan on malwarebytes antimalware free and it found nothing . I ran hit man pro and it found something under internet temporary files , but because my license has expired I couldn't remove it . I then went online to find solutions and downloaded adw cleaner , malware bytes anti malware (again) , hit man pro , rkill , rogue agent killer , and tdss killer , which will not run . I ran a scan on rogue agent killer and it showed a Trojan on the location of the fresh malwarebytes anti malware . It said KILLED Trojan zeus ..... I'm not sure if that means that it's gone thoughI .It got me thinking and I found out that my firewall was down when i downloaded those tools . Scvhost.exe still runs , and is shown as 5-10 services on service viewer in task manager .

Any suggestions on how to remove the scvhost virus as well as the new trojan.zeus ?

Also Any way to get tdss killer running ?

Thank you in advance , mitsosvazelos84

Solution
SVCHost is a normal process, you don't want to completely remove it. it's essential to the operating of your Windows. however yes, it can be infected.

I'd very highly recommend doing your scans while you are in safe mode. you're in for a hell of a rough time if you want to save your OS from this infection as you are very likely going to have to track down the files manually and remove them that way.

If you still have troubles with the infection, format and start fresh. I personally can't trust a machine once it's infected.

warhead0

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2011
SVCHost is a normal process, you don't want to completely remove it. it's essential to the operating of your Windows. however yes, it can be infected.

I'd very highly recommend doing your scans while you are in safe mode. you're in for a hell of a rough time if you want to save your OS from this infection as you are very likely going to have to track down the files manually and remove them that way.

If you still have troubles with the infection, format and start fresh. I personally can't trust a machine once it's infected.

Solution

mitsosvazelos84

Estimable
Aug 24, 2014
Will upgrading to Windows 10 format my disk and thus remove the problem ? And I also have another drive not infected loaded with games and programs compartible with windows 7 , will those run on windows 10?

warhead0

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2011
Upgrading will not format the drive, and I can't say for sure if the upgrade process would kill the infection, I'm going to say it won't.

I have not run into any programs that are not compatible with Windows 10 yet, I will say very confidentially that all of your software will work with Windows 10.

I would be very surprised if you had issues with the other drive.

warhead0

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2011
a quick format will be fine, no need for a deep format. (keep in mind a format is the last resort, only do this if you are ready to wipe your C: and all of its contents)

You can also choose to install Windows 10, no need to Install 7 again. Your Windows 7 key will activate on Windows 10.
If you have a legit key for Windows 7, you can use that key when installing Windows 10 perfectly fine, just be sure you are installing the correct version of Windows 10, or it will say your W7 key is not valid.

Or you can do the upgrade method if you prefer, simply install Win 7 as normal and begin the upgrade process.

sam1275tom

Estimable
Oct 13, 2014
Is it svchost or scvhost?
svchost is a system program while scv one must be virus.
You tried to use lots of rubbish to scan the PC and they fails, how about try a real antivirus like Kaspersky or Nod32?
Don't use Win 10, it's much worse than Win 7.
Maybe fresh install win7, and a good AV.

sam1275tom

Estimable
Oct 13, 2014

Sorry that's also my personal feeling.
But I used it for a month, then I cannot suffer more then reinstalled Win 7.

ficler1977

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
if we talk about infection than other users answered it in earliers replies(upgrade will not format the drive->virus will stay)

but what worries me the most is "Trojan zeus"

Do not even try to log onto any bank account from that computer.

"Trojan zeus" can swap bank account number o nthe go and still show You have sent money to the account number you have typed. hiding real account money were sent to.
obviously it can take all Your passwords etc.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/gameover-zeus-virus-coming-your-3642173