Solved! Seagate hard drive for Toshiba laptops P205D

G

I have a Toshiba Satellite P205D-S7436 which I have to always have on a "cool pad" to keep it from overheating. It has a 120GB hard drive that I would like to replace with a 320 or 500GB. Am I asking for even more overheating problems? Any mfgrs more resistant to "heat"? Finally, how do I know which replacement hard drives will fit (2.5"? 3.5"? SATA?).

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Generally, a 2.5" drive will fit in a standard notebook. A new drive is usually better at not overheating or drawing too much power. I think that either WD (Western Digital) or Seagate are good choices for the drive mfg. Most drives are SATA, but check to see if the cable is thin with a right angle connector, that is Sata cable.

PaulR08

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
Generally, a 2.5" drive will fit in a standard notebook. A new drive is usually better at not overheating or drawing too much power. I think that either WD (Western Digital) or Seagate are good choices for the drive mfg. Most drives are SATA, but check to see if the cable is thin with a right angle connector, that is Sata cable.

Solution