Sears and Kmart Busted for Using Spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.

warmon6

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]Lawsuit in 3 - 2 - ...[/citation]
i have to agree with you. now were just waiting for someone to sue sears.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I never did like Sears.
Wished I worked at one... run off with a bunch of credit crad info... buy me 24 2560x1600 monitors for ATIs eyeinfinity... Wouldn't you?

Regected

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
I like Kmart better than Walmart. Friendlier staff, more open registers during busy times and a generally cleaner feeling store. Of course the prices are about 10% higher at Kmart, but you get what you pay for. It is also easier to find "Made in the USA" in Kmart than Walmart. Just who do you think is the largest exporter of US money?

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
[citation][nom]Regected[/nom]I like Kmart better than Walmart. Friendlier staff, more open registers during busy times and a generally cleaner feeling store. Of course the prices are about 10% higher at Kmart, but you get what you pay for. It is also easier to find "Made in the USA" in Kmart than Walmart. Just who do you think is the largest exporter of US money?[/citation]
Not if you've ever shopped at my local Kmart/Walmart stores. I'm not by any means trying to say anything positive about Walmart, but in my experience Kmart is the absolute worst. Every aspect of Kmart is far, far worse than Walmart or any other retailer for that matter from what I've personally seen.

I don't even care about the higher prices. Since the closest Kmart is 2 miles from my house and the closest Walmart is 10 miles I would pay the extra price for the convenience. But instead I usually drive half an hour out of my way for the customer service, cleanliness and ease of shopping at Walmart - and that's not a compliment of Walmart.

Regected

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
I guess I'm lucky to have a quality Kmart store near my house. I have 3 walmart stores just as close, and all three remind me of walking into a low rent housing complex. They even have the junkies hanging around outside begging for spare change.

jalek

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
Next we'll hear about using credit card purchase data...
No real surprises here, though all of that data could be interesting to law enforcement and/or divorce lawyers.

Maybe they were trying to diversify their income streams. Blackmail could pay well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS