Question second m.2 drive disappears on my HP Omen 17-CK1020CA

Jun 25, 2024
Hey guys bought this laptop brand new in november and decided to install a second hard drive so i bought a

Adata legens 800 1TB drive and used it as a secondary for games and apps. Now all was good for a few days and then i turned the laptop on and notived the d drive (adata) was missing i rebooted the laptop and it was working again. Now a day or 2 past and again i notice the 2nd drive is missing.I rebooted and still nothing.

I went into disk management and its not there. I go into bios and if i recall i see it there.

i boot laptop up again and its again showing lol.

And well you know what happens next time i turn the laptop off the drive again wont show but ive rebooted multiple times and its just not showing up. I ended up pulling the drive and i have it in another laptop as a secondary and ive had no issues with it for 2 weeks.

Is this laptop limited on what drive is used? maybe the adata gen 4 m.2 is not compatible? Any help would be great.

Jun 25, 2024
Make sure the SSD is securely fastened and not moving about. All the way into the socket and locked down.

Also, make sure your system BIOS is fully up to date.
Yes its in there and with a screw. I also removed and inserted more then once.
Bios is the latest.

Jun 25, 2024
So any of you fine people have an idea?
Maybe a gen 3 m.2 would work? i just dont want to purchase another drive for it to not work.