Secure erase in magician

Apr 24, 2019
I have a question about a system I built, I could bore you for hours but won't the run down is I had a HP Elite 8300 I turned into a gaming system, eventually bought a new motherboard, cpu, ssd samsung evo 860 evo SSD sata drive, memory and installed my little Hp OEM version of windows. I finally decided I wanted to go M.2 technology for my SSD drive so I bought a Kingston a1000 256 GB m.2. So I'm having some trouble with my programs and space, but I am wondering about doing a secure erase through samsung magaician. It mentinos creating a bootable USB drive. Does this work??

Your post is not very clear, why do you want to do a secure erase? It won't get you any more free space on the M.2. And if you had an SSD, SATA M.2 drive is a useless upgrade, M.2 is just a form factor. If it's an M.2 sata drive, it will have the same speed as the 860 EVO you already have. It's like buying the same car you have now just in a different color.

Apr 24, 2019
Sorry about that. So I cloned through Macruim reflect my original oem HP Elite 8300 version of Windows onto my 500 GB Samsung Evo 860 SSD drive. I then did a clean install of Windows 10 and got everything up and working. I have a friend who has an M.2 SSD so I bought my Kingston 256 GB M.2 SSD drive. (During all this I had other issues that irrelevant). I tried to get my Samsung version of the OEM Windows 10 onto the new m.2 drive but couldn't get it to work. I happened to spend the money to buy a brand new version of Windows 10 Pro, so I decided to install the new copy of Windows onto my Kingston M.2 drive. It is installed, boots, and is working correctly, but I seem to be using my Samsung drive for file history, because I cannot format it. So as another option I'm wondering about doing secure erase?

Sorry about that. So I cloned through Macruim reflect my original oem HP Elite 8300 version of Windows onto my 500 GB Samsung Evo 860 SSD drive. I then did a clean install of Windows 10 and got everything up and working. I have a friend who has an M.2 SSD so I bought my Kingston 256 GB M.2 SSD drive. (During all this I had other issues that irrelevant). I tried to get my Samsung version of the OEM Windows 10 onto the new m.2 drive but couldn't get it to work. I happened to spend the money to buy a brand new version of Windows 10 Pro, so I decided to install the new copy of Windows onto my Kingston M.2 drive. It is installed, boots, and is working correctly, but I seem to be using my Samsung drive for file history, because I cannot format it. So as another option I'm wondering about doing secure erase?

If Windows is using the second drive for something, if you wipe that drive, Windows probably won't boot till you do a repair setup. Is everything working OK with how the system is setup now? Even though the setup seems like a mess, if you cloned Windows to the Samsung drive, then did a clean install, the cloned version of the setup would be gone, so why clone it in the first place then install a clean Windows setup? Also not sure what the setup is now, are you looking to use the Samsung or this Kingston M.2 drive as the main Windows drive? Do you have Windows on the Kingston and want to wipe the Samsung? Check if system will boot without it, unplug it, and see if it boots OK. If it does, you don't need a secure boot, just do a diskpart command and do a clean command to clean out the Samsung drive, or just format it.