Question SAMSUNG EVO 860 NOT DETECTED.

Dec 19, 2022
Hallo everybody!
I have a Fujitsu LIFEBOOK PH530 laptop with windows 7 pre-installed.
Since my laptop is getting old and slow I bought a SAMSUNG EVO 860 SSD drive to change the pre-installed SEAGATE HDD.I used the SAMSUNG DATA MIGRATION software to migrate the drive c of my Fujitsu laptop, including the operating system of Windows 7 to the new Samsung SSD 860 Evo.
Unfortunately although all files from drive c have been copied when I installed the Samsung Evo 860 SSD to my Fujitsu laptop I got a message saying:

Check cable coble connection!
PXE-M0F: Existing Intel PXE ROM.
Operating system not found

I entered the bios setup of my laptop and the SSD installed is not detected. I go to the ''system settings'' where it is mentioned:

Drive 0: [ None]

Do I have to install drivers for the ssd so it can be detected by my Fujitsu laptop?Do I need to set a jumper on the Samsung ssd?
Thank you very much in advance.

Do I have to install drivers for the ssd so it can be detected by my Fujitsu laptop?Do I need to set a jumper on the Samsung ssd?
No

1st
check if the SSD is correctly and tightly connected

2nd
try installing windows (you can try any windows version) with a DVD or USB flash drive to have a look, if it can work or boot this way. If yes you will have to check why the migration failed

3rd
which BIOS version is on the laptop? 1.1.1.0 should be the most current one

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2022
Dear Helpstar,
thank you very much for the reply.

1st check if the SSD is correctly and tightly connected => I connected and disconnected the SSD several times and none of them made it work. I installed the pre-installed SEAGATE HDD back and everything immediately worked fine.

2nd try installing windows (you can try any windows version) with a DVD or USB flash drive to have a look, if it can work or boot this way. If yes you will have to check why the migration failed => I will try to do a clean install of Windows 7. If this was the problem should the SSD at least be detected on the bios setup of my laptop? In the the ''system settings'' it is mentioned: Drive 0: [ None]

3rd which BIOS version is on the laptop? 1.1.1.0 should be the most current one https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexQuickSearchResult.asp?lng=COM&Q=bios&OpenTab= => The BIOS of my laptop is the 1.09 (10/12/2010). The BIOS versions available in in the Fujitsu Technical Support page for the LIFEBOOK PH530 series are 1.06 (29/06/2010) and the 1.05 (18/06/2010) . Should I install the 1.1.1.0? The 1.1.1.0 version that should be the most current one is compatible with Windows 8 operation system and not with the Windows 7 x64 professional that came preinstalled with the LIFEBOOK PH530 laptop. Should i upgrade the BIOS to the 1.1.1.0 although the operation system remains Windows 7?

Thank you very much for your help.

3rd which BIOS version is on the laptop? 1.1.1.0 should be the most current one https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexQuickSearchResult.asp?lng=COM&Q=bios&OpenTab= => The BIOS of my laptop is the 1.09 (10/12/2010). The BIOS versions available in in the Fujitsu Technical Support page for the LIFEBOOK PH530 series are 1.06 (29/06/2010) and the 1.05 (18/06/2010) . Should I install the 1.1.1.0? The 1.1.1.0 version that should be the most current one is compatible with Windows 8 operation system and not with the Windows 7 x64 professional that came preinstalled with the LIFEBOOK PH530 laptop. Should i upgrade the BIOS to the 1.1.1.0 although the operation system remains Windows 7?
Saw that too, but if you cant´run the SSD on this BIOS version, you won´t get it to run without a BIOS update. In worst case scenario you would have to install windows 8
But usually that´s downwards compatible to win7.

Dec 19, 2022
Saw that too, but if you cant´run the SSD on this BIOS version, you won´t get it to run without a BIOS update. In worst case scenario you would have to install windows 8
But usually that´s downwards compatible to win7.

Dear Mr Helpstar,

thank you very much for the reply.

Is think maybe upgrading the BIOS is probably the best solution. Is there a way to keep a restore file of my current BIOS if the update process fails?

I checked the website of the Crucial company and it states that two of its products (SSDs) are 100%compatible with the Fujitsu Lifebook PH530.
The Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5-inch SSD CT480BX500SSD1
https://www.crucial.com/ssd/bx500/ct480bx500ssd1/ct12763868
and the
Crucial BX500 240GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5-inch SSD CT240BX500SSD1
https://www.crucial.com/ssd/bx500/ct240bx500ssd1/ct12758573
Should I buy this and install it to my Fujitsu laptop instead of trying the BIOS update?

Thank you very much!