Security Alert / Certificate u are viewing does not match name of the site [a248.e.akamai.net]

G

I was using my pc and something poped up it said:
Security Alert
- A secure connection with this site cannot be verified. Would you still like to proceed?
- The certificate you are viewing does not match the name of the site you are trying to view
I pressed view certificate and it showed:
-Issued to: a248.e.akamai.net
-Issued by: Cybertrust Puclib SureServer SV CA
-Valid from 11/ 7/ 2014 to 11/ 7/ 2015
Do I install certificate and proceed or do I just click no and what is a248.e.akamai.net
I tried searching it up but instead accidentally went into the site and was greeted with Invalid URL

Solution
Those are just trust certs that are sent for secure socket layers, SSL or how you will see it as HTTPS. The website you visited just has an SSL cert from that particular vendor, you will see things like comodo, Realtek, other names you probably never have heard of. But there is a long application period that these people that can issue these certs need to go through before they can become a vendor. So 99.99% of the time you can trust them. If you want to be sure though that that cert is real and not vulnerable to anything look at https://ssl-tools.net/webservers/a248.e.akamai.net So it is not vulnerable even to heartbleed. So as long as you aren't on a super outdated site you are fine.

lfkfkfkffs

Estimable
Apr 2, 2014
Those are just trust certs that are sent for secure socket layers, SSL or how you will see it as HTTPS. The website you visited just has an SSL cert from that particular vendor, you will see things like comodo, Realtek, other names you probably never have heard of. But there is a long application period that these people that can issue these certs need to go through before they can become a vendor. So 99.99% of the time you can trust them. If you want to be sure though that that cert is real and not vulnerable to anything look at https://ssl-tools.net/webservers/a248.e.akamai.net So it is not vulnerable even to heartbleed. So as long as you aren't on a super outdated site you are fine.

Solution