Security camera subscription plan prices keep rising — these 3 cameras don't need them

Feb 19, 2024
Please try the Eufy outdoor cameras first. You will love them. I have 3 of them and one is over 4 years old and going strong. I just bought Eufy's doorbell (wired) and it is far superior than Ring which I had for years but threw into the garbage when an update kept me from viewing my videos stored on my own ring, without a subscription. The Eufy doorbell camera has two cameras built in. One keeps an eye on packages delivered to my doorstep spot and the other camera is like any doorbell camera. Nice little difference.
My cameras are all solar powered and never ran out of power all this winter in Idaho.

Feb 21, 2024
Reolink CX410, you will need a POE injector, connecting to router.

Save on SD card, or folder on PC. No subscription.

Excellent color especially if you have street lighting.
Uses spot lighting as needed, or full on, off.

The bad, needs the app and Web UI to fully configure the camera. They need to update the app.

It's just a setup bother.

Set the frame rate the on main, sub stream to the same and frame to 1, if using Blue Iris.

Buy high endurance SD cards. The are rated time in use, vs number of read or write of cheap SD cards.

Feb 21, 2024
Reolink CX410, you will need a POE injector, connecting to router.

Save on SD card, or folder on PC. No subscription.

Excellent color especially if you have street lighting.
Uses spot lighting as needed, or full on, off.

The bad, needs the app and Web UI to fully configure the camera. They need to update the app.

It's just a setup bother.

Set the frame rate the on main, sub stream to the same and frame to 1, if using Blue Iris.

Buy high endurance SD cards. The are rated time in use, vs number of read or write of cheap SD cards.
PS, this is only the Reolink CX410 model, about $75, on sale, prices will constantly change on the big A box, don't let mega pixels influence you.

Feb 23, 2024
Dear Tom
How can you not mention Netatmo in this list? It has great products without subscriptions nor online backup