Security Cameras foggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

dachabe

Estimable
Jul 21, 2015
I bought the Funlux system and came with 4 cameras outdoor 600 TVL, 24 IR, Lens 3.6 mm and 1/4" color cmos but the quality of the image its not that clear, the color are not that great and I CAN'T see a clear faces or see any Tags from the cars that pass by. I have an incident someone threw paint all over my car and I'm trying to catch this one so the police can take action.

Solution
A 600TVL camera is not very high resolution. If you google "600TVL" one of the first items is a VIMEO comparison of 600, 700, and 1.3Mp cameras. A 3.6mm lens may not have been the correct choice for the distance you are interested in. There is no way to improve the picture (even though every TV shows it being done). You can't manufacture pixels that weren't captured.

kanewolf

Judicious
A 600TVL camera is not very high resolution. If you google "600TVL" one of the first items is a VIMEO comparison of 600, 700, and 1.3Mp cameras. A 3.6mm lens may not have been the correct choice for the distance you are interested in. There is no way to improve the picture (even though every TV shows it being done). You can't manufacture pixels that weren't captured.

Solution

dachabe

Estimable
Jul 21, 2015
Thank you for the feedback so if I get a HD cvi 2mp will do the job better and probably able to read tags or characteristics from a vehicle or someones shirt

kanewolf

Judicious

Search for video examples of scenarios like you are interested in. See for yourself. Focal length is going to play a part in the equation. If you are interested in something 30meters from the camera, having a lens that you can zoom can be important. You should use a protractor and determine the angle of view that is important. You can then find calculators on the web that will convert that view angle into a lens length. Pick a camera that has that lens.

dachabe

Estimable
Jul 21, 2015

dachabe

Estimable
Jul 21, 2015
I'm really not looking for something really high Tech since my budget is very limited but definetly something better thatn what I have right now and if possible able to see closer.

dachabe

Estimable
Jul 21, 2015

I'm really not looking for something really high Tech since my budget is very limited but definetly something better thatn what I have right now and if possible able to see closer.

USAFRet

Illustrious

I know exactly what you're talking about. But it comes down to the camera and lens quality. Better cameras for that type of system do cost more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.