Security Firm Questions Google Wallet Data Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
It does not surprise me that G$$gle would do something stupid like this.

Personally, I would never use any company's online "wallet." IMHO, such things are personal financial disaster in waiting. Call me paranoid, but I also never store credit card data at any online store. For stores like Amazon that "conveniently store credit card data for you," I delete it after making any purchase.

jonny_76

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
Google Wallet and anything like it...doesn't everyone see the longterm effect ??? if we all move financials to our cell phones and pay with our cell phones the benefit is convenience...but the major drawback ?...for the first time in our lives, the govt currently has secret surveillance powers due to the Patriot Act...hence, if the govt does not like something about you or the govt makes a mistake in singling you out...the Govt can tell the cell phone company to 'turn you off' which means you will have 0 access to your contacts, your own money, your phone...who will you complain to ? Google or AT&T or ?? Of course there are bad people who need to be monitored but our Govt has been known to make mistakes as well as go after individuals who are practicing their rights under our Constitution (free speech, right to bear arms, trial by jury and identification of your accusers...).

Please, if you don't believe me....most of you are too young to know the clandestine actions of our Govt....Google Kent State Massacre, or Google CIA Operation Ajax, Google Gulf of Tonkin a Confirmed False Flag Operation...

wizkids

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
Lol, we're still trying to find a place where we can actually store our credit card details without someone else getting access to them! I think that paypal is still the way. If you really want to store your details though I use myPDV.com but even though it is secure, locking your wallet is sometimes the most secure, although, not the most convenient solution!

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]jonny_76[/nom]Google Wallet and anything like it...doesn't everyone see the longterm effect ??? if we all move financials to our cell phones and pay with our cell phones the benefit is convenience...but the major drawback ?...for the first time in our lives, the govt currently has secret surveillance powers due to the Patriot Act.[/citation]If you're not using only cash for transactions (and wearing gloves and mask when you do) then they already know everything about you. You have to decide between convenience and anonymity. Ask Wikileaks about operating on a cash-only basis.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
What the hell?
Google should know that people that are going to use this service want security.
They (we) don't want people knowing what's in our account or limits or even our name and last four digit information.

That information alone could allow someone ill-minded to use existing online accounts (if they knew or brute-forced a password) to make online purchases without the other card's digits. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.