Segway Owner Dies in Freak Segway Accident

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

teknomedic

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2007
Yeah...... those cliffs just jump right out at ya. Kinda like how trees jump out a drunk drivers.

Must have been following his GPS... or maybe he was texting and segwaying.

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
[citation][nom]samdsox[/nom]wtf? how do you fall off a cliff on a segway?[/citation]

If its like the fields near where I live they dug quarries into them Basically its like a small hill with grass up one side the all of a sudden it drops away into nothing. You don't notice until your right at the edge and thats walking. Quite a few have bushes and shrubs growing round the edge as a natual way to hide them but they can be fairly thick and gorse is faily prickley unless he was pushing the off road abilities. the English countryside can be very bland and it can be hard to see where river channels have been cut (similar to quarries in it looks like flat land until your at the edge). Ive almost had it happen to a group I was with out hiking.

goodsyntax

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]godnodog[/nom]or like Jobs says: You´re holding it wrong![/citation]

"You're driving it wrong!"

There, fixed it for ya.

mavanhel

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
Note how he donated 10 million pounds the month before he died, which basically doubled the amount he has donated during his lifetime. This looks oddly like a suicide to me...

NightLight

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2004
[citation][nom]coleipoo[/nom]Wow, that is sad.Next thing you know Steve Jobs will die from an exploding iPad.[/citation]

and justice would be done :p

G

This is not a freak accident. It's just a regular accident. It is unfortunate, but it is just a regular everyday accident that so many other people in the world could have succumbed to.

Also, it's not "ironic" as somebody else mentions.

Status
Not open for further replies.