Send to mail recipient is going to address field

adeel_455

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
HI,

I am using lotus notes 8.5 and when I try to send a file as an attachment it gives me lil problem. No matter what type of file I try to send it happens. I right click on file and select send to and then select mail receipient. It attaches those files to mail and a lotus notes new mail window appears and I see the file attached in the body but it also appear in address field with all the words, which use to appear on top of attachment in email body. I am writing this message here which comes in address field.

The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments:

Microsoft Word - abc_New.pdf

Note: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent sending or receiving certain types of file attachments. Check your e-mail security settings to determine how attachments are handled.

I am using windows xp pro with sp3 all updates installed.

Any help.

Thanks.

adeel_455

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Hi sorry for later reply.... yes it works fine this way but is there any fix for my problem, I do not want to open lotus and send a new mail. It is lot more convenient for me to right click on the file and select mail receipient.
Please let me know.

Thanks

alupats

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
I too had the same problem and was able to fix it. Go to [File-Security-User Security-What Others Do-Using Workstation]. Now here is where you will have to experiment a little because I checked the following fields for three different "when code is signed by:" names so it's hard to tell exactly which one fixed it.

The fields that I checked that were not checked:
-- Read from property broker
-- Network
-- Write to property broker

Like I said I checked all three fields for three different "signed by" names so 9 total. Up to you to find which one works for you but at least I got you in the neighborhood.