Solved! Sennheiser Game One

strale14

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017
Hello, I'm about to buy a Sennheiser Game One headset, and I got a built in sound card called realtek alc892. I've tried to read about the matter but everyone says different things. Will it sound good without buying a new sound card?I currently got Qpad QH-85, and it's really good sound in them, I just want to try a new headset. Maybe someone got exact the same setup as me and maybe could tell me.

Solution

Here's my opinion:

1) The Sennheiser headsets are the best ones for sound quality you can get without going to headphones with a separate microphone. One thing to consider would be the PC350SE's, they are the older model and are virtually identical for a LOT less money. I got my GF a pair for Christmas for something like $80 with...

aithos

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013

Here's my opinion:

1) The Sennheiser headsets are the best ones for sound quality you can get without going to headphones with a separate microphone. One thing to consider would be the PC350SE's, they are the older model and are virtually identical for a LOT less money. I got my GF a pair for Christmas for something like $80 with free shipping, I'm not sure what price you're looking to pay but personally I don't think it's worth the difference to get the newer model. With that being said, either pair is going to sound fine with what you have but would also sound much better with additional/better amplification.

2) If you're going to look into another option for powering your headphones then I strongly recommend that you look into an external amp/dac rather than a new soundcard. You can get an o2+odac or an entry level Schitt stack (modi+magni) for $200-300 that are both capable of running basically any headphones on the market including some very expensive stuff. Unless you're planning to get a $2000+ pair of headphones either of those are more than sufficient.

3) If you are interested in looking at HD headphones I would look at the Sennheiser HD598s and the AKG K7XX (through Massdrop) for some reasonably priced options (under $200) and if you're willing to spend more then I would consider some Sennheiser HD650s for a good all around pair. Then you can add a ModMic or pick up something like a Blue Snowball desktop and you'll be good to go. Personally I haven't used a headset in several years now and I'm never going back, having a dedicated set of HD headphones is a significantly better experience for both gaming and other media.

Solution