Sennheiser PC 360 G4ME vs HD 598+mic

sunchas3r

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
Hi people,

I've owned the 598 for a week or two now and bought a separate mic to go with it.
I'm very satisfied with the sound for both gaming and movies, only the separate mic cable is bothering me.
So i was thinking of buying the 360 as it has a built-in mic.
My question is if the sound signature of the 360 is the same as the 598?
I read that the signature of the 360 is more like the 558 which in its turn is similar to the 598, so i don't know.

Any one had any experience with both headphones?

Thanks on any advice!
Joseph

if the seperate mic cable bothers you then i would suggest sleeving the wires and then using heatshrink tubing on the ends. its very easy and very cheap to do http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s318/biggerisbetter4u/20120803_150729.jpg and you can pick any color of the rainbow you want. the sleeving stretches (expands) over the big cable ends then shrinks when you pull it tight (pull from end to end).

since you already have a great pair of headphones that you like and a mic (i'm guessing a modmic) it would be silly to return them for a 360. sleeve the wires together and you will forget they ever were seperate to begin with.

of course thats your choice...

sunchas3r

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
Thanks for the advice m8.
Sleeving the wires sounds like the best solution as i am really happy with these headphones.
What are those sleeves called in stores?
So i can start shopping around :)