Sennheiser pc 363D Wind tunnel

ODST General

Estimable
Jan 3, 2016
So I recently purchased a pair of Sennheiser 363d headphones and when I breath it sounds as if I am in a wind tunnel. I had previously fixed this issue by uninstalling the drivers and doing a clean install of them. However attempting to do so again did not result in any improvement, it should be noted that if I place the microphone high enough you can't hear the breathing and the standard audio is fine but its quite distracting that way.

I am on windows 10, using the windows 10 specific driver and have also attempted to simply reduce the input levels. However even dropping the input from 97 to 89 in windows cancels out my voice completely and the audio of my breathing is just as loud if not louder then my voice.

Solution
you could try a windscreen such as a lapel mic mini windscreen. the foam helps reduce the effect of wind on a microphone. given that you have the microphone gain turned so high, you're picking up your breath.

ideally, you would set gain lower as higher gain will result in A) more static/self noise and B) picking up more sounds around you. have you enabled mic boost in your settings and are you using the microphone input and not line in?
you could try a windscreen such as a lapel mic mini windscreen. the foam helps reduce the effect of wind on a microphone. given that you have the microphone gain turned so high, you're picking up your breath.

ideally, you would set gain lower as higher gain will result in A) more static/self noise and B) picking up more sounds around you. have you enabled mic boost in your settings and are you using the microphone input and not line in?

Solution