Stew181

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
Xgody only has 12.5gb hard drive and 32gb sd. Specifically states WILL NOT MOVE APPS TO SD. Have removed sd and placed slots apps on and re inserted. Not even acknowledged they are there. Inserted one to hard drive and is on main screen, same with APP MANAGER 3, LINK2SD, THESE WERE ADVISED TO DOWNLOAD TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM.
Can they HTF would I know I'M as handy as ten people on holidays when it comes to IT everything, Lap top. Galaxy Phone, (2) Ipads. I pads are full of slots apps that's why I need XGODY TABLET and this 128 San Disk SD. Thet say suicide is painless I'm about to find out if I can't get the XGODY TABLET to take the apps direct to the SD. Help!!!

Solution
If you are running the "Android" version of that device (it comes in Windows as well I believe) then it is running "Lollipop" which would not allow for running apps from the SD card. However, if you can upgrade the device to "Marshmallow", then you may be able to get it to work. However, that will be dependent on if the manufacturer has restricted that option or not. Below is how to make the change, should you be able to upgrade.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to...
If you are running the "Android" version of that device (it comes in Windows as well I believe) then it is running "Lollipop" which would not allow for running apps from the SD card. However, if you can upgrade the device to "Marshmallow", then you may be able to get it to work. However, that will be dependent on if the manufacturer has restricted that option or not. Below is how to make the change, should you be able to upgrade.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your tablet.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the tablet, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution