How do I transfer pre-existing files and apps from the internal storage to micro sd card on my android tablet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

den3200nis

Estimable
Mar 19, 2015
I have an Android tablet and I would like to transfer all current apps and files to a new blank Micro SD card as a backup. I am a newbie and can't find a screen to do this. I can find how to have future data stored on the card instead of the internal storage drive. Should I be able to do this from settings or thru my security app (AVG Pro).

Solution
Connect your tablet to a computer via USB. It'll read your tablet the same way it would read a USB drive. Simply drag and drop the files from your internal storage directory to your SD card directory.

Apayem

Estimable
Aug 31, 2015
I have the same question as den3200nis.
I bought a 64 GB sd-card and its working well, except for the issue of transferring apps and other files. The function of the tablet itself doesnt work well, only a portion of some apps can be transferred to the micro sd card.

Will the transfer via a computer work better, for apps and all files?
Or do I need to root my tablet? (Which Im weary to do because of the risks, especially of bricking the tablet. My tablet is a Samsung tab 4, 7.0)

Sagar_20

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
It is always recommended to choose a PC and not an Android app to transfer files between the phone and SD card as it preserves the timestamps of the data transferred. Otherwise, the order of data may get messed up.

The same you can do with apps like ES File Explorer or Solid Explorer File Manager as well, but it will jumble up the order of you data, probably in the order it is copied/ moved, making it hard for you to look up for a file.

Status
Not open for further replies.