set sd to default download lg treasure

Shawn_54

Commendable
Nov 3, 2016
I have a LG Treasure and cannot find how to set my SD card as the defualt download location. I have read many threads on here and watched tutorials and have not found the answer any help would be appreciated.

Solution
If it's running Lollipop, you would need to root the device to do that and that comes with risks. One is a probable breach of your contract with the service provider and another is losing any Warranty you have.

The biggest risk is of bricking the phone completely if the rooting fails. Given all that and that many Apps simply can't run outside the system folders and files so you might not gain much by not being able to download to the SdCard.
If it's running Lollipop, you would need to root the device to do that and that comes with risks. One is a probable breach of your contract with the service provider and another is losing any Warranty you have.

The biggest risk is of bricking the phone completely if the rooting fails. Given all that and that many Apps simply can't run outside the system folders and files so you might not gain much by not being able to download to the SdCard.

Solution
"I also just read on another site that this particular LG model doesn't allow setting defualt download locations"

That's why you need to root it, to overcome that restriction as well as some other restrictions.
That's the whole point of rooting a phone.

It's a risky process though, you could end up bricking your phone. I wouldn't even consider rooting mine, it cost me £240 and I ain't gonna risk it.